Implement Our Tools in Your Classroom
Whether you're seeking advice or assistance for a blind or visually impaired student or planning a unit about a blindness-related topic, the Iowa Department for the Blind (IDB) has several tools that may help.
Assistance for a Blind or Visually Impaired Student
- Braille Literacy
- IDB Youth Programs - for 14-to-24-year olds
- Student Resources from Our Library
- Valuable Tips for Classroom Teachers
Blindness Related Curriculum - Information and Activies
- Who is Louis Braille?
- How to Read and Write Braille
- Ideas for Classroom Activities
- Accessible Instructional Materials
Learn First-hand About Us
Scheduling a Class Tour to IDB
We welcome the opportunity to teach you and your students about blindness and the services we provide to blind and visually impaired people.
Request a Speaker
Can't come to us? We'll come to you. Let us visit your classroom and give a presentation on whatever blindness specific topics you would like.